Updated: Jun 29
Have a sweet tooth? Love cupcakes? Our Volunteer and Board Member Bec shares her Vegan Vanilla Cupcake recipe, it’s a crowd favourite!
SERVINGS: 10 cupcakes
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOKING TIME: 15-20 mins
1 ¼ cup Plain Flour
½ cup Raw sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarb soda
1 cup non-dairy milk (Bec prefers Soy!)
1/3 cup Vegetable oil (Canola or Rice bran works best!)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whisk the milk and vinegar in a medium bowl and let it curdle for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the sugar and all other wet ingredients and whisk again
3. Sift remaining dry ingredients and whisk until no more lumps
4. Fill cupcakes liners ¾ full and bake at 175 degree for about 15-20 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Add buttercream and voila! Afternoon tea sorted!
Hungry for more?
Here are some of our other vegan favourites for you to try: